Embassy and Consulates of Belgium in Norway and Iceland
Home Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

Information about pension in Belgium

Belgian citizens living in Norway with questions about their pension in Belgium, should contact the competent organ in Norway. Belgium and Norway signed an agreement for the social security concerning pensions. Thus, the applicant has to apply for his/her pension in the country of residence. 
>> Read more


Financial Sponsorship (Prise en Charge)

More info: FOD Interal Affairs

  • Form Annex 32 (Only available in French and Dutch), to be signed at the Embassy(!), or to be signed in front of an honorary consul. Contact must be made with the Embassy first.
  • Passeport or ID-documents.
  • Last three pay slips. The Embassy will verify whether the sponsor is financially capable of signing the prise en charge.
  • Bostedsattest, not older than three months.
  • Letter of Invitation/Inscription of the Belgian Educational Institution.
  • Certified copy of the passport of the beneficiary, legalised by the authorities of the country of origin.
  • 184 NOK in cash (cost of the legalisation). Alternatively, the sum of 180 NOK can be transfered to our consular bank account (7032.05.56706). Proof of payment must be provided.


Travelling with pets to Belgium

For information:

Belgium: Health.Belgium.be
Norway: Mattilsynet


Searching for people

Are you searching for a long lost friend?

Try typing "genealogy" in one of the search engines (Google, Yahoo, Altavista, Advalvas...).

International telephone catalogues, available on the Internet, may also provide useful information. Some of these catalogues can be found on CD-rom.