Applying for a new passport
As of September, 3rd, 2012, the Kingdom of Belgium only publishes biometric passports. These passports contain your photo, fingerprints and digital signature. Consequently PERSONAL presence, on appointment, is required when applying for a new passport.
As of June 15th, 2015, the entry of the Consular Code, Belgian embassies and consulates can only deliver passports to Belgian citizens registered in their consular registers. If you are not registered in our consular registers, you are required to complete the required procedure first.
Children under the age of 6 are not required to attend the Embassy in person. In case of children under the age of 6, please contact the Embassy by e-mail.
- The application of passports is by appointment.
- Please fill in and sign the application form. This form can also be filled in at the Embassy. In the case of minors, the form is to be signed by both (!) parents.
- You provide a proof of payment. Payment is to be done by transfer (see further under paragraph "prices").
- If you wish to receive your new passport by post, the passport must, for security reasons, be sent by recommended mail. You add the additional sum to your transfer (see further under paragraph "prices").
- Your old paspport must be returned. If you are no longer in the possession of your passport, you are to report the loss/theft of your passport at your local police office. A copy of the police report is to be presented during your application. It is also in your best interest to contact DOCSTOP.
- For travel within the Schengen Union is a Belgian e-ID sufficient. e-ID's can be ordered via post.
- A passport can also be obtained at the communal authorities of your last residence in Belgium. You best contact the respective commune in advance.
Attention: This service is only available to those registered in the consular registers of a Belgian embassy/consulate.
As of 15/11/2019, the following prices are applicable:
- Passport - Adult (7 years validity) - 787,50NOK
- Passport - Minor (5 years validity) - 367,50NOK
As of 01/07/2019 optional recommended envoy costs 165 NOK for Norway, 215 NOK for Iceland.
Payment is to be done by transfer, in advance, to account:
IBAN - NO30 7032.05.56706
BIC/SWIFT - DNBANOKKXXX
Please provide a proof of payment.
Alternatively, payment by bank card is possible during your visit.
Attention: as of 01/11/2017 cash is no longer accepted. Thank you for your understanding.
Name spouse in passport
At your explicit request the name of your spouse/children can be written down in the passport. Only information effectively registered in the Belgian National Registry of the nature civil status can be noted down, in the primary language of the passport itself.
Around 7 office days, excluding shipment by post.